- I got to spend a weekend at home with my family
- We went to the Buggy Days festival in Barnsville, GA with Chanda and Chad (Barnsville is their hometown and also the Buggy Capitol of the WORLD!!)
- We got to watch the Tigers play! In early September we went to the Auburn vs MS game and had so much fun cheering them on to victory!
October - As each day of October came, it became one day closer to the NAVLE so life kind of took a back seat to studying, studying, and more STUDYING!!
- We were able to make a fast trip home the first weekend of October and see my dear friend Julie Fraiser get married. It was a beautiful wedding and we enjoyed catching up with old friends and remembering those that couldn't be with us that day.
- I celebrated another birthday in October as well. Ya'll know I love to celebrate and I enjoyed a weekend full of fun dinners and birthday cake treats with friends and family. We celebrated by going to dinner at Amsterdam in Auburn with my parents and then to dinner with Blake's family at Longhorn followed by my very own Barbie Cake!! On my actual birthday Blake and I went to church and then out to lunch with the Robertsons followed by an afternoon of riding four-wheelers. And no Sunday would be complete without take out and NAVLE review with my bff Chanda!!!
- We spent a few hours in Lochapocka, AL at the annual Syrup Soppin' early one Saturday morning. We enjoyed a few Hardee's buscuits with some homemade cane syrup and then strolled through the arts and crafts.
- Also in October, Blake and I also finally found "our church". After visiting for so long that we felt like we were already members we finally made it official and moved our letter to First United Methodist Church of Opelika. We started visiting back in the spring with our good friends Isaac and Bradley Robertson and immediately we fell in love with the FUMC family and felt like we were where we belonged from day one. We are so thankful the Lord led us to FUMC and to a place where we have been blessed with a wonderful group of ministers and new friends.
November -Well nothing occured this month until after Nov.19th because that was the DAY - the NAVLE day. After the 19th we finally had a little time to have a little fun.
- We enjoyed a co-ed baby shower with our new church friends for our Sunday school teachers Andy and Stacy Jordan who just welcomed a new baby boy.
- We attended a new member fellowship at church with the staff and new families. It was a great time to fellowship with each other and learn more about FUMC.
- We spent Thanksgiving with my family in Anniston. I loved, loved, loved spending time with my precious little cousins and seeing my family who I feel like I never see enough.
- November brought lots of weekends in Hurtsboro for Blake and the boys but unfortunately still no "Big Buck" for Blake.
December - As December rolled around Christmas was in the air! I loved decorating our house this year and enjoyed Christmas shopping it was so much fun. Since starting vet school all of the fun holiday things always got pushed to the back burner but this year with the NAVLE out of the way I loved getting to finally enjoy CHRISTMAS!!!
- The first weekend we hosted a couples his and hers wedding shower for Blake's cousin Courtney and her husband to be Brian. Lindsey and Jon (B's sister and BIL) helped host the shower. We had a great time chatting with friends, eating yummy food and Courtney and Brian got some great gifts!!
Well I think that gets us caught up to almost Christmas and few other fun things that deserve post of their own that will hopefully contain pictures - if blogspot will cooperate!!
Until Next Time....
~Lybbi



No comments:
Post a Comment