Thursday, July 2, 2009

Long Time No Bloggin!

So after a good start to blogging I sorta became a slacker. Lots has happened in the last two months so I will try to give a brief overview and catch up with where life is now! And I promise to not let this slacking business become a habit!

May -
  • The start of May brought the third year of vet school to a long awaited END!! (I am now 3/4 of a DoCtoR!!)
  • I got to visit with the Stiefel bunch on Sand Mtn. during the annual "First Sunday" trip
  • I got to celebrate Mother's Day with the world's greatest mom!! - Blake and I went home and attended church with my Grandmother and then we all went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. I wanted to do a Mother's Day post all by itself but I am so behind :( I Love You Mom - Thanks for being a wonderful mother and a great example for me to follow.
  • May not only brought the end of third year but also the start of fourth year of vet school - Yes, I had to go to summer school :( It was only six weeks so it wasn't too bad. The rotations I was on were not my favorite so it was good to get them out of the way!
  • A few days we were able to spend time on Lake Martin at Blake's parents lakehouse and enjoy a little fun in the sun!

June -

  • The first weekend I went home to spend some time with my family. I got to enjoy breakfast at my MawMaw's (The GREATEST COOK in the WORLD), hang out with my parents and spend time at the barn with my dad discussing the hog business.
  • Summer school continued to drag on - but my classmates and I managed to make the best of it and have a little fun too!
  • Chanda and Jared attempted to teach me to ride a bike - no, I can't ride a bike even at 20 something! I actually enjoyed riding the bike as long as I could remember to pedal!! Hopefully our lessons can continue this fall. I'm just thankful no cameras were present that day! LOL
  • 2 of our sweet friends tied the knot! We had a great time celebrating with Chase and Jada Barker as they start this new chapter in their life. The morning of the wedding all the groomsmen and male members of the family came over to our house for breakfast before the festivities of the day started. The ceremony was beautiful and we had a great time catching up with friends at the reception.
  • Summer school finally ended :)
  • Blake had fun helping the Elk's with a fundraiser to help fund scholarships for local high school graduates.
  • I got to celebrate Father's Day with my Dad. (Once again, I had intentions to do a seperate post now I am having to play catch up!) Happy Father's Day Dad! My dad is the greatest father in the world! We went to church, had lunch with my family and hung out at the barn together. You know I told someone the other day it was amazing what a little time on the farm can do for the soul! I love going home and working with dad on the farm.
  • The last of June brought a special trip for my entire family that will get a post of its own...so stay tuned

Whew, that wore me out just trying to remember all the busy things we have been up to so far this summer. It is almost the 4th of July and it seems like time is flying by. I hope your summer is going great and I promise to not be such a blog slacker from now own!!

~Lybbi

No comments:

Post a Comment