When we were getting off the boat we heard the most awful noise and couldn't figure out what it was - it was FIREWORKS! We couldn't see them because the boat was too tall. Eventually when we got off we could see them. Seemed like everyone gathered on River Street to see the great show!
A few Christmases ago Blake got Paula Deen's autobiography from Santa and I ended up taking it and reading it from cover to cover in about a day - I have always liked her but after reading her book I liked her even more so I have always wanted to go to her restaurant. Luckily a friend of Blake's daughter is a hostess there and she was working the weekend we visited and was able to get us in without us having to wait in the CRAZY line of people! (Thank you so much Katie!) Well now that we have officially been to The Lady and Sons I think I am obscessed with Paula Deen! We were there on a Sunday so it is buffet only - I'm not a big fan of buffets and I'm not a fan of southern food unless it is something my Grandmother cooked but ole Paula outdid herself on this day! The food was great (Not as good as Mawmaw's but close). I want to go back already just for dessert!




No comments:
Post a Comment