So, back to catching up - I'm starting to wonder, will I ever get caught up?The last week of June I loaded up with my parents and we headed to Springfield, IL for the 2009 Summer Berkshire Type Conference. My Dad has started to raise purebred Berkshire hogs and the breed assoication sponsors a few shows a year and Dad takes a few pigs to the shows. I love showing hogs and it brings back memories from the good ole days when I showed hogs growing up, so everytime my parents go to a show I try to load up and go with them if at all possible. This trip Blake didn't ride up with us but instead flew up a few days later (his flight was a DISASTER - I think next time he will just drive with us!), hung out with us at the show and sale and then rode back home with us and helped Dad drive - that was great for Mom and I because we could read, sleep and watch movies and let them handle the task of navigating us home. We had a great trip riding through beautiful parts of the country and at the show we enjoyed visiting with fellow hog breeders and showing our pigs. Because of school I don't get to spend as much time as I would like to with my parents so it was great to hang out with them for several days. The picture above is from last summer one of the litters that Dad raised - I don't have any pics from the show because it is a long standing superstition in our household that cameras DO NOT go to shows with us. Growing up it seemed like anytime someone had a camera things (winnings) didn't go our way so early on Dad and I made a NO CAMERA rule that still stands today! Now Dad is waiting on a few litters to be born this summer and I can't wait to see the pigs that he raises. I am already ready for the next show!
~ Lybbi :)



No comments:
Post a Comment